Dear Manifiestomp reader,
We have seen the recent demise of the Spanish educational system and it is time we call out to the people and demand of the government to stop the destruction. What little system we do have left, it is time to come to a foregone conclusion and stop this destruction before there is no Spanish educational system left.
The “Education Compact” which was recently advertised by the government, should not at all be paid attention to. You do not have to be into politics or specialize in education to realize that Rodriguez Zapatero is only sounding remotely interested in education to try and revive their non-existent chance of being elected in 2012.
This is exactly why they are pushing a consensus on the new documents being prepared by the Ministry of Education. In one sentence they mention the words “excellence” and “effort”, but just below you will see the word “inclusiveness” and other negative words set to harm the education industry. Therefore we must require the following points.
- The Education Compact includes teaching professionals that are actually teaching and not just those who claim to be representatives.
- The Compact for Education rid itself of educational fads that limit the powers of psychologists and educators.
- Stop ideological manipulation of schooling curriculums that have little to do with schooling and education.
- That people up to the age of 16 have equal opportunities and a right to receive education no matter their position or social cast.
- Teaching children from 0 to 4 years of age should not be passed over from educational rights just because they are young and their parents are too busy or working too much.
- Primary education should be considered the most important and critical stage of learning and education. This means teaching kids up to 14 years of age to read and learn math.
- The Compact for Education rethink secondary education. A complete reform of vocational training must be achieved.
- A new third route professional initiation at age 14 for those who fail to secure a job. Every citizen should be entitled to some form of social development.
- That this new Compact connects different routes than the system currently allots from primary education by using common sense and rationality.
- The Education Pact not misrepresent how they judge the current education system and understand the urgent need to reevaluate how they measure their students and faculty.
- Restore faculty disciplinary powers.
- The Compact for Education encourage carreer placement and upgraded jobs to those who pursue excellence and practice good professional skills rather than use a system of horizontal promotion.
- That the Education Compact cut back on the number of Universities to avoid this underfunding and mediocrity that is going on. More Universities must require more funding at all levels.
These are the main 13 points of emphasis that needs to be addressed and all those that agree should sign below. Sign below for all that adhere to this creed and demand change in the current Spanish educational system.